MacKay Sposito is looking for a dynamic licensed Landscape Architect with with at least 5 years’ experience in the design profession with construction experience to join our team. We are a multi discipline design team located in Federal Way with a focus on private development and public work projects including the development of new communities, transportation improvements, and the development of parks and trails.
Candidates must have a background in design and construction along with proposal development and client management. We are looking for a collaborative team member who will work closely with our engineering and survey department in the successful implementation of a variety of projects.
What You’ll Gain From Working Here:
- A Degree in Landscape Architecture from an accredited university.
- Experience in Landscape Architecture or Multidisciplinary firms.
- Experience in all phases of planning and project development, design development, construction documentation drawings and specifications, cost estimating, and time management.
- Construction administration experience.
- Experience in irrigation design.
- Strong design and graphic skills that can be expressed in a variety of formats.
- Display of leadership, interpersonal and communication skills that allows effective interaction with clients, approval authorities and the public.
- Participating in client meetings, public consultations and presentations.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Self-motivation with a strong desire for professional growth.
- Commitment and experience in a cooperative work environment.
- Ability and desire to mentor junior designers and overseeing staff in the technical execution of work.
- Proficiency in MS Office, Excel, Adobe Creative Suites, AutoCAD 2018, LandFX.
Employees of MacKay Sposito are united by our drive for excellence, our passion for innovation, and the responsibility we take for our clients’ success. We also like to sprinkle in a bit of fun. This combination makes MacKay Sposito an enjoyable and rewarding place to work.
At MacKay Sposito, we’re serious about our work, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We have a unique and diverse mix of employees who enjoy each other’s company. In addition to having first-rate technical skills, we search out people who are friendly, honest and dedicated to their work.
We believe firmly in the principle of constructive candor – always telling the client everything they need to know to make fully informed decisions. By creating a positive, committed and supportive environment, we’re able to challenge our people to be the best that they can be, and to celebrate every success.
About MacKay Sposito:
Providing consultation services to energy, public works and land development clients, MacKay Sposito’s expertise spans civil engineering, construction management and inspection, land survey, planning and project management, and landscape architecture for both public and private sector.
Whether connecting public and private sectors, helping our clients put together a complex mixed-use masterplan development, getting power to a remote rural outpost, or improving a city’s facilities, MacKay Sposito is all about building lasting relationships and strong communities. At our core, we’re committed to honesty, dedication and relationships. These pillars make up the foundation of how we treat our people, and ultimately our clients. >>> Learn more about working at MacKay Sposito.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Employment requires passing pre-employment background check and drug screening